Monday, August 8, 2011

at least he has good manners

today, after lunch, MD and i drove nanny, mamo and tia toni around to look at a few houses. he was getting tired and was whining quite a bit. i got on to him once but after a little while, he started back up. i stopped the car, turned to face him with my "mom stare down" and said, "that's enough. do you understand me?" when a whine escaped him once more i asked threateningly, "do you want a spanking?"

my almost-two-year-old son looked me square in the eye and said, "yes, please."

as you can imagine, all four adults turned quickly away from the view of this ridiculous child as our hands flew up to disguise our shaking, silent laughter.

i decided, right then, to cut my losses. i took my foot off the break and continued down the road towards home.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at work when I read this! Too cute!