Wednesday, April 2, 2008

everything but the kitchen sink

if you recall, i'm not the happiest person living in this apartment. there are just a lot of annoying things that i am ready to get rid of. i know that in several posts i have mentioned my really annoying sink that sprays everywhere. i mean everywhere.

well, last night i begin the stupid process of dishes. now, michael and i have a dish right on the counter where we put our keys and stuff like that. michael usually lays the mail there as well, no matter how many warnings i give him. i say again, "honey, remember, you can't really leave the mail right here because the faucet splashes water all over the place." i move the mail to the table. i stood at the sink loading the dishwasher and then washing all of the pots and pans for about 20 minutes. michael walks over and starts to talk to me and i start throwing a fit about the water.

"just look at me! this is ridiculous! i have more water on my shirt than anywhere else!"

at this point my darling husband suggests that he will fix it. now, to be honest, i didn't really want him messing with it right then. i mean after 20 minutes, i was ready to get those last two pots out of the way and be done with it but he stuck a knife up there, popped out this little screen and the water began running beautifully smooth. he turned off the water, looked back up the tap, noticed there was still anther screen (which he left there), turned the water back on and grinned at me proudly.

now, i guess anyone else might be happy about this. i, however, have been washing dishes this way almost every night for 7 1/2 months. not only that, but last night is not the first time i've mentioned the crappy faucet to my darling husband.

now you tell me why that man didn't just offer to that 200 days ago.

okay, all joking aside, i am really happy michael is caring enough to have at least fixed it before we moved out. thanks, babe! you're the best! :)

4 comments:

Adam said...

We are men, we save up items that need to be fixed so we look good throughout the year. Obviously we could fix them all in one day, but if we did that our wives would think we were lazy the other 364 days of the year. It's a common man law, I believe section 5.07a but I'll have to look it up. :p

team D said...

marriage is great huh??? I know what you mean they fix thinks so quickly when they finally get to it!!

ree said...

I think it's man law that the anxiety level for a woman has to get to a certain elevation before the man comes in to save the day like it's nothing.

I'm just sayin'....

:}

Christal said...

I agree with ree on that one. I have noticed this man law in my own life. They are so proud of themselves when it is fixed and I found that they like it when we show them that we are proud too!