Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"are you feelin' it?"

yes. i feel pregnant.

for the past 2.5 weeks i've had terrible morning sickness. i haven't actually gotten sick yet, but the neusea has been terrible. without being completely gone, it has relaxed a bit the past three days. i'm really hoping that i am learning to take care of this. i cannot imagine what it will be like if i'm still feeling this way when school starts again. i mean, i've hardly left the house, it's been so bad.

absolutely nothing sounds good. when it's time to eat, it's hard to shove anything down. my mouth is dry all the time and i can't stand the taste. i got tired of peppermints pretty quickly and read somewhere that a few people sucked on lemon drops. believe it or not, that has actually kind of worked. it doesn't leave a super strong flavor in my mouth and while it is really sour for a few minutes, i kind of enjoy it. i've tried a few times to eat eggs in the morning (protein, protein, protein) but i just can't. i tried once again this morning because that's what my doctor told me to do yesterday. i can't. about the only thing i can eat is a bowl of cereal. i guess i'll just do what works.

michael has been amazing. he has been grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning (except for that one day) and waiting on me hand and foot. i think i could get used to this. :) i do feel bad for him though because in these two weeks off, he's been stuck at home with a bump on a log. i've sent him out several times to play golf and for that he's grateful. he's given me great back rubs and run perfect temperature baths.

when we first found out we were pregnant, the baby was the size of a sesame seed. since then, instead of just saying "it" we've been calling him/her sessi. yeah-we're all about the nicknames. michael wants a girl and i want...either. i know everyone says that, but it's really true. i'm just happy to be given this chance. we pray for sessi's health all the time. i know it's still early in this pregnancy and things can happen, but we know God is in control of whatever happens.

when we found out, we drove to san angelo to tell mom and dad. we left a little package on their doorstep, rang the bell and hid behind a bush. mom came out, picked up the christmas wrapped gift, looked around and walked inside. the next time we saw her, she was bawling like a baby and could hardly speak. it was really sweet. they are both so excited.

i can't believe i'm giving ellie and grayson a cousin. every time i open my computer i see their picture on my desktop and think about how sweet they'll all be together. sweet babies.

as sick as i've been, this is a pretty amazing experience and i'm honored to be a part.

7 comments:

rhondamarie said...

congratulations!!!!!

i know you and michael will make awesome parents.

Nanna's Place said...

Sweet....I'm so happy for you and Michael both. The sickness will end soon, usually about 3 months. I know sessi will be a beautiful baby.

Noni said...

Kylah & Michael
I am so happy for both of you. "Sessi"?? that's cute lol. Well congratulations. I love you. Pam

La said...

It always helped me to have crackers in my nightstand drawer. That way, before I ever got up in the morning, I could eat a couple and (hopefully) not get quite as sick. It is hard though - you get sick if you don't eat and eating makes you feel sick! Nanna's right though, it shouldn't last a whole lot longer.

I was teaching at a charter school in Dallas when I got pregnant with JD. Mornings were hard. Keep lots of snacks and water bottles handy and hang in there....It's worth it!!!

kablot spot said...

Congrats! I missed the announcement, so I was shocked. Well, not really shocked, but surprised.

gulp235 said...

congratulations to both of you! how very exciting!!!

ya'll are gonna make wonderful parents!

no_iffer said...

I'm so happy for you friend! I love you and am so happy for you and Michael. August seems an eternity away!