Friday, June 19, 2009

feeling super duper prego

today marks 32 weeks of pregnancy.

i feel every single day of it. the sad thing is i know i still have 2 months to go. eekk.

my belly is definitely getting bigger. it's tight all the time. it feels like i have a 20 lb weight strapped to the front of me. unlike normal weights, however, this one can jump around, roll around, kick, punch and knock my insides around like crazy. and, every move is clearly visible from the outside.

my back hurts. i'm unbelievably hot. my fingers and feet have days of being swollen. i cannot sleep through the night. i will wake up at random hours and just lay there with my eyes trained on the ceiling. even my trick of pretending i'm driving and forcing my eyes to stay open doesn't work. each time i need to turn over, i must wake and adjust multiple pillows and blankets and my protruding tummy, all of which serve to make me even hotter.

it takes a little extra effort to get into my car or to bend over and pick something up. i ran errands yesterday and felt like i could have given birth when i got home.

at my dr appt a few weeks ago, i was found to be a little anemic. pretty normal i guess, i but i've had to start taking an iron supplement on top of my prenatal pill. i feel like a medicine cabinet each night. along with the iron and prenatal pills, i also take an extra dose of folic acid. most nights can now also include 3-5 tums tablets (my new best friends) and quite possibly some tylenol. nice.

my doc appt on tuesday showed that i've gained 13 lbs so far and am measuring at 32 cm. i have no idea what that means, but apparently it's about normal...i guess. and finally, someone else is realizing how much this kid moves. each time the doctor finds his heartbeat, he immediately moves around and he and the doctor play a little game of follow the leader. i think she usually wins. he'll finally sit still long enough for us to get a good measurement on his heart rate and listen to the sweet sound of it. what a doll he is.

nursery furniture is all in and next week while mom, mandy and seph are here...i'm hoping to wrangle them into some design ideas and paint help. :) before then though, is my baby shower in san angelo! i am so excited about this thing! all i know about it is that it's at 7:30 and at miss hattie's museum. so different and so cool! i can't wait!

i guess that about sums it up for now. i better go find something to eat. :)

1 comments:

Johannes Kotze said...

hi there, i read on your april 1 post that you were at the time undecided on a name.

well, my name is joe mehl, although i was born johannes kotze to my father johan who i now share no relationship with and i have no real knowledge of my lineage.

what i can gather from my birth name is that we kotze's come from a long ancient line origniating in prussia and through prosperity spanned the globe.

my particular journey in life began from south africa, where i was born in springs in 1984.

a common name for the men in our family we johan or in my case johannes, it means "god is gracious" and it is latin, the first form of the name john and most likely the actual calling name of john the baptist.

i'm not religious myself but i carry this name and if you were still looking for suggestions of what name to decide on for your son i suggest my own, as it is biblically relevant and will offer your son great perspective in his life.

i struggled for a lot of my teenage years to accept my name as a lot of children likened it to the more traditionally female "johanna"

but as an adult i have learned to love it, and it has given me great perspective on the world and what my name means to me and to others.

so through a broken family i was adopted by my stepfather and i have lost my last name of kotze, but i was born johannes martinus kotze and i wore that name proudly for the first 7 years of my life.

now i am proud to say that i was born to celebrate the grace of god through my name and that my lineage was one of great perseverance and respect.

:) good luck choosing a name.