Wednesday, July 29, 2009

37 1/2 weeks

i am increasingly uncomfortable. my back hurts. my hip/pelvic bones hurt. my lungs/ribs hurt. my feet swell. my hands swell. i can't sleep. i get occasional calf cramps. i have heartburn. i also have a new best friend...tums. i sleep with 3 king size pillows, a body pillow and a tiny throw pillow. i use only a sheet for cover, and often times pull that off halfway through the night. michael kindly sets the thermostat at 72 degrees for me at night. our fan is always on high.

i've given up on showers and thoroughly enjoy lying in the bathtub for hours at a time. it's the only way i've found to not feel the pull of my big ol' belly. plus-a warm bath right before bed, helps my body relax and fall asleep quicker.

each night when i brush my teeth i take my prenatal vitamin, an iron supplement, 2 tylenol and 3-4 tums. it's quite the production. i get up about twice each night to use the bathroom. i hate that part.

baby boy moves all the time. for the past two days, grayson has cuddled quite a bit with my tummy and baby boy gets quite excited. he starts kicking, pushing and turning all over the place. he must know they'll be great buds for life. :) it's really sweet.

i'm nervous about labor. i hope i can handle the pain okay. i am planning on getting an epidural. i have no qualms about help getting through this. this week, michael and i have attended one breastfeeding class and the first part of our "preparing for childbirth" class. the second and final part is on thursday evening. we've gotten tons of great information. we've gotten some scary information too. yikes! :)

at my appt on tuesday, doctor said i was 70% effaced but not dilated at all. i was okay with that. progress is progress, no matter how slow.

i'll just keep being content with that, especially since my doctor will be on vacation next week. eeek.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

you're getting closer...just remember that you won't be like this forever! that baby does have to come out. get a bunch of rest and do a lot of nothing.