Wednesday, March 10, 2010

happy anniversary: year 3


today michael and i celebrated our 3rd anniversary. 3 years seems like a long time until i compare it to how long michael and i have been married. it seems like he's always been a part of my life. i cannot, CANNOT, imagine my life without him.

he won me over easily, when we first met. he is so laid back and funny. i laugh so much with this man. isn't that what relationships are all about? having a little fun?

michael is the kind of man i always pictured i'd have in my life. he is Godly, caring, thoughtful, hardworking, motivated, funny, and laid back. he is an incredible provider for our family and the most amazing father to our baby boy. i know he loves us both so much. each day when he comes home from work, he doesn't even ask for down time, he comes right to us, gives us hello kisses and takes md for some hang out time. he is constant and committed. what a lucky girl i am.

tonight, michael surprised me by having our neighbors, jeremy and sarah, babysit for us. he brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers that contained 3 red roses. "one for each year," he says. i got a gorgeous pandora charm for my bracelet and a card in which he ripped out what was printed in it and wrote his own thoughts. nothing could make me happier. we celebrated with dinner at the cypress grill in boerne. it was delicious and oh so wonderful to spend some quality time with my man.

baby,
you are my love, my life. my world is better because you are a part of it. thank you for loving me all those years ago. you are an amazing man and i couldn't ever wish for me. thank you for always taking care of me and our son. he loves you more than anything. i love to watch his face light up when he hears your voice or sees you after a long day of being without you. you make us both so happy and we are so blessed to have you. thank you for being the leader of our home. you are amazing. i love you more than you can ever imagine. what a wonderful 3 years it has been. i can't wait for the next 42 million. ;) happy anniversary!

4 comments:

La said...

Happy anniversary! Funny how after only a few years you just can't imagine your life without someone. You are indeed made one! I'm glad you guys got to have a date - it sounded wonderful.

ree said...

How sweet!
Happy anniversary!

JAC said...

You are a blessed girl and he is a blessed guy! Love you.

Pam :) said...

KJ - I am a VZB colleague of Mike's. You are a lucky girl! I requested a photo of Michael David today and Mike sent your blog. It was a wonderful break from a crazy work day! Mike is sincerely enamored with you and MD. You can hear his love for you two when he speaks of you. If he had a propensity toward pride, I would say that he is a 'proud pappa', but that just isn't his ilk.
You have a beautiful family. BTW, Happy anniversary! I am so grateful that the Father allowed our paths to cross. Thank you for sharing your lovely family.
Hugs from Houston - Pam:)