Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a wicked start

on packing that is.

i've been procrastinating on this packing thing because mainly, i just wanted to throw everything in the back of my jeep and drive to my new house. i didn't even care if it took 15 trips, i was willing to waste the gas to not have to wrap things neatly and put them in boxes. i have realized, however, that some packing is necessary. my bathroom, for example, has around 18 million bottles of lotion or bodywash or shampoo. the main reason i felt these things needed to be tossed into a box is because i have to walk down a flight of stairs to get to my car and back up the stairs to get back to my apartment. in 1200% humidity, that's just too much for me. :)

now, at this late hour, my bathroom is empty and spotless. the door is closed and i'm considering posting a "KEEP OUT" sign on the door. if anyone so much as nods in that direction, they will be surprised with a quick kick to the shin. don't mess with me people, i cleaned that floor on my hands and knees. i will take you out.

after that, i cleaned up our dishes and such from dinner. i thought michael might do it, but after working so hard on the bathroom, i come out to find him in bed with the dog and the dishes sitting just as we left them. oh well.

as i look around now, i can see only 5 boxes packed and the one room that is empty and clean i will probably never see again. i'll kick myself if i open that door. :) however, for only a couple of hours work, i'd say that's a pretty wicked start.

3 comments:

Meems said...

I can just picture you kicking someone in the chin as they try and enter...priceless.

mari said...

So what are you going to do in the morning when you have to 'go?'

crys said...

i'm with mari...although, if i know you, i can see you knocking on the neighbor's door asking to borrow theirs. =)