Monday, May 25, 2009

baby update

in the past few days, i've felt more pregnant than ever.

since coming home from hawaii, i've noticed my feet swelling if i stand up for long periods of time. even still, i hadn't felt swelling anywhere else. yesterday, i couldn't get my engagement ring on. :( i spent the day with my wedding ring only. by the time we made it back from lunch after church, i had straps on my feet from my sandals. it wasn't terribly bad, just worse than it's been before. i gotta say, i was hoping this stuff wouldn't start for a while.

we had a doctor's appointment on wednesday. i gained 3 lbs in month 6. that puts me at a total of 11 so far. i told my mom that i never thought i'd be so happy to gain 3 lbs in one month! ha! doctor says that all of my numbers look great. weight gain, blood pressure, measurements...it all looks good. i am absolutely amazed and in love with my body. it's amazing, isn't it? what it is capable of? it is, at this moment, nourishing and growing another human life, my son.

i'm supposed to start doing movement counts twice a day. 10 movements from the baby within a 2 hour period. so far, once i've started counting, i haven't had to go past 20 minutes. once this kid starts moving, he moves! i LOVE it! i feel such complete joy and love when i feel him moving around in there. i can stare at my stomach and watch it jump and leap or just roll around as he moves. if i push around or tap on my belly, he moves. i talk to him and pray over him and love him as he is now.

i am so overwhelmed sometimes with the feelings of being a mother. i know i still have so much more feeling to do. i know i'll go crazy with love and fear and joy when i hold him in my arms. he will completely change my life. am i ready for this? will i ever be ready for this? will it matter? i don't think so, but i want to do such a good job. this is the most important thing i will ever do in my lifetime. i feel so inadequate. i'm thankful knowing that my God is along for the ride as well.

michael and i have decided that i will be able to stay home next year. i've talked to my principal and turned in my letter of resignation. it's just about one of the scariest decisions i've ever made. is this really the right time to quit my job? people are losing their jobs left and right and i just decide to give mine away...Jesus, be with us.

i've finally ordered the baby's bedding and his furniture is lined up to be ordered as well. he may not have a name when he gets here, but at least he'll have somewhere to sleep. sweet, little thing.

3 comments:

marme said...

I don't have the words for how this post made me feel. I have felt what you felt, and it seems like it was yesterday, and now it's my baby having a baby. I can already hear the change in the tone of your voice. You've arrived baby girl...you are a mama already. My heart lept within me...i am so very proud.

JAC said...

I know that you will be a wonderful and loving mama and Michael will be an awesome daddy. Concerning your weight gain - I gained 8 pds with Johnny and he weighted 8 pds and 8 ozs. Easy loss after he was born. When you hold them for the first time there are simply no words to describe how you feel. I couldn't believe how good God was to me - this child is a total miracle. And people say they don't see miracles anymore.......I say "stupid, stupid!"

F. F said...

I am so glad you plan on being home with your precious baby. I don't recommend any mother to work outside the home while the children are small, unless they just absolutely have to.