Monday, June 25, 2007

dog tired

i know this is really sad and kind of embarrassing to admit, but i haven't worked as hard as i did today, in a really long time. my feet hurt, my ankles hurt, my knees hurt and my back hurts.

hello?! who knew yard work could be this difficult?! even if you are working with a shovel and rake and lifting heavy bags of mulch for a couple of hours.

i worked hard, i'm dog tired, and i'm loving it. the house looks good but i was wrong about one thing. after i made it back outside after my dr. pepper break, the sun was out in full force and it had not cooled down at all. there was not a single breeze. the only comfort i had was spraying the water hose in the air and letting the water fall on me like rain. well, that and when jules was playing with the water and got so close to the end of the hose that the water sprayed back into my face. that was fun!

the floor in the living room has been started and the front yard is ready for plants. however, we are leaving tomorrow for tahoe, (uh...did you know there is a huge forest fire there right now?! scary.) so all of that will have to wait for the weekend.

it'll be fun but i can't even look forward to it right now. i'm going to sleep! this sleep is gonna be great...

mainly because i just took some advil.

whew.

0 comments: