Wednesday, June 20, 2007

officially unemployed

today was a sad day for me. one, i didn't get to wake up to ellie's sweet talking. two, i had to resign me position as first grade teacher at lamar elementary.

michael was sitting on the chair working away as i was walking out the door on my way to talk with my principal. i paused..."are you absolutely sure we're moving, honey?"

he responds, "babe!"

okay, okay. just making sure. i drove to the school and turned in my resignation and my keys. i almost cried. then i made it to the administration building with my resignation letter and completed my exit session.

i also have to turn in my i.d. badge. suckers. i guess it's for safety issues, but still, now i feel totally absent from my beloved school, coworkers and friends.

i guess i should be happy that with every decision finally completed, my area of limbo shrinks. now, if we could just get our house sold, we could buy a house there and i wouldn't be stuck without a home when i start a new job in august. yikes!

dear Jesus,
please make this transition as easy as possible for michael and i. i pray that, above all else, we remain in your will for our lives. please bless this move with your peace and favor. you are an amazing father and we are blessed greatly by your presence. i love you so.

4 comments:

kdp said...

i am so sorry to see you go. i will miss y'all terribly. i know it must have been hard to turn in your resignation. but i know you and micheal will enjoy all the time you have together. i pray that God will help your house sell quickly.

you have definitely played such a special role in my girls life. we love you very much. i know that God has an awesome plan for y'alls life.

no eye has seen, nor ear has heard all the wonderful things God has planned for those that love Him.

love ya,
girl

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'm sad that you and michael are leaving, but i know that God will use the two of you wherever you are...love you!

crys said...

i am so sad!! what will i do? i'm having another baby! i need someone to vent to about how crazy my in-laws are making me!

kj said...

my friend, you must still call me when you need venting. this could be a good thing, because you could just load jacob up and come to sa for the weekend. that would be super fun!