Saturday, December 15, 2007

headaches cause silly thinking

  • every year, i procrastinate on christmas shopping. this year...no different. i have one present taken care of and i only have 10 days left.
  • i'm a little worried that i need glasses. i think i see everything fine, but i have headaches...a lot. it always hurts behind my eyes and in the front center of my forehead. i'm tired of whining and i know michael is tired of listening. i did test my vision at the hearing/vision screening the nurse gave my kids last week. i wonder how accurate those things are. hmm...
  • we didn't sign up for vision insurance for next year. the deadline was october. michael wanted to. i said no, we don't need it. it was only like $3.90 a month for the both of us. oops
  • i traveled again this weekend. but i'm back already. soooo glad tomorrow isn't monday.
  • there are five days left until christmas break.
  • michael and i are taking our first vacation together (not counting our honeymoon, of course). we're going to vegas for new year's. :)
  • michael will not tell me, or anyone else for that matter, a single thing he wants for christmas. jerk.
  • the apartment is finally coming together. when mom and dad came in friday morning, they were both pretty shocked. mom couldn't believe how much work we'd done! that's gotta tell you how bad it looked when we unloaded the u-haul.
  • i've been feeling blog pressure really bad lately.
  • i think we're going to the i-max tonight. i'm really excited because we don't get out and do stuff much but, i'm really tired and...you got it...i have a headache.
  • i can't wait to watch ellie belle open presents on christmas morning.
  • i walked out of the bathroom in jason's deli today and saw a woman at the salad bar that made my breath catch. at first glance she looked exactly like my granna. that is my dad's mom who passed away 11 years ago. whoa, i can't believe it's been that long.
  • i'm jealous of sarah's beautiful ornaments hanging in her living room window. well, i'm jealous of all her christmas decorations for that matter. i want christmas decorations!
  • i'm sitting on my bed in the bedroom blogging because michael is watching a scary movie about ghosts and stuff (messengers) and i just can't handle stuff like that. seriously scares me. i can't stop thinking about movies like that and then they freak me out in the most inopportune places; like the shower for instance, while i'm washing my face and have soap on my eyes. i sometimes have to make a mad dash for the water so i can open my eyes even though i know there is nothing there. sad, i know. (for the record, he did try and change the channel, but because i was blogging anyway, i left and told him to watch it.)
  • since the "7 things about me post" i keep thinking of the dumbest things i could put on there. for instance, every time i go to the bathroom in a public place, i never use the first section off the toilet paper roll. i throw it away and go for the next piece. someone's hand touched that. now, every single time i'm in the bathroom, i think about that blog. it's really annoying.
  • i had a funny thought last night in the hotel room i shared with my parents. how many couples sleep together on those tiny beds when they get the room with two full/queen beds and it's just the two of them. i just wonder, that's all.

2 comments:

Meems said...

A very entertaining post. I loved it. I wish we were grownups and had a king sized bed like you. Queens it.

Sticky said...

Sears, Golfsmith or his favorite restaurant gift card.