Saturday, December 1, 2007

packing

we have come back to san angelo this weekend (four hundredth weekend in a row) to pack. we figured we'd get it out of the way.

last night i walked slowly through every room. i sat on the couch and gazed around at my beautiful living room. i stood in the doorway of the kitchen. i laid in bed starring at my bedroom. i memorized every detail.

does it seem weird to be so attached to a building? well, whether it does or not, i am. it was my first home away from my parents. my first home that held things that were only mine, not my beautiful mother's. it was my first home with my husband. it was my first home that was mine. it was mine.

now, it will be someone else's.

i do feel a sense of relief, but also a sadness. this makes the move which happened in august seem so final. it's good i guess. michael and i can get on with life. we can do things which we have wanted to do. being without that extra mortgage payment will make that stuff easier.

with all of the things people are going through right now, being sad over leaving my house seems so unimportant. but, if we cross your minds, just throw up a quick little prayer. i'll really appreciate it.

5 comments:

crys said...

this is definitely no small thing. it's like one chapter's over and another's beginning.

it makes me sad that a gigantic thing that kept bringing you home is gone.

i'm trying to think of other words...but i have none.

=(

Meems said...

Crys is right, this is no small thing. I just said a prayer for you.

ree said...

It's important to you, so it's important to me! You've overcome so many challenges in your first year of marriage that not many experience until later on, and you've done it with such grace! I'm praying for you, fellow pk!

JAC said...

I already miss you both. Have not known you a long time, but have learned to love you in a short time. You are both precious to us.

beautiful chaos said...

I hope you are feeling a sense of belonging in your new place.
My prayer is that you will find a supportive church family - but only for the weekends that you couldn't possibly make it 'home!'
You'll be sorely missed.