Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a good weekend leads to a good week, so far anyway

it was a great weekend with matt and mandy and if anything good has happened, i have them convinced to move to san antonio. ha!

wouldn't that seriously be the best?! if we can't have our entire family around, at least matt and i and our spouses can have each other. right?! right. you just tell them you agree with me and i'm sure the decision will be made in favor of a move. :)

we stayed up really late sunday night playing cards and i haven't been able to catch up on sleep yet. i almost fell asleep yesterday during stations and did fall asleep in my chair last night around 6:45. michael put me to bed, thankfully, before i slobbered all over my chair! ha! totally kidding, i definitely don't slobber!

in other news, school is going well and i feel like this could be my best year yet. especially since most of my team is now teaching the way i teach (the way i was taught to teach by my special mentor and friend at lamar, joanna). it's been quite the year already. i do have a couple of kids who seem like they couldn't stop talking even if i glued their lips closed. several can't even read at a kindergarten level and several more are still pretty low for first grade. it seems this may be one of the lowest classes in some years. i do have my work cut out for me. it should be interesting.

michael and i are planning on painting our bedroom tonight and tomorrow night. with that, a few more wall hangings and curtains, that room will be done (excluding the bathroom of course). hopefully i'll remember to post pictures soon.

i feel my eyes getting heavy without my permission. maybe i'll put down my computer and just watch rachel ray for a few minutes...yawn...

0 comments: