Thursday, September 25, 2008

a great 27th on the 24th

i am, officially, in my late twenties. scary. i still feel like i'm sixteen sometimes.

i had a wonderful day yesterday. most of the kids in my class brought me a flower and a homemade card for my birthday. two of my kids parents got together and threw me a surprise bday party right after recess. they decorated my room with balloons and streamers providing strawberry cupcakes withe strawberry icing. yummy! in the middle of the party, my vice principal walks in holding the hand of a blond haired angel.

as soon as ellie's bright blue eyes meet mine, she smiles and starts for me with her hands raised for a hug. sweet baby girl. mom, dad, sarah, ellie and gray drove 3 hours to bring me a bouquet of beautiful gerbera daisies, confetti cupcakes with that yummy icing and to take me out for dinner.

after school, we came home for naps for the babies and so mom could ice my carrot cake!!!!! we had dinner at pf changs and came home for a piece of cake and a game of shanghai rummy.

tuesday night, michael ran me a bubble bath and after he set candles around, handed me the book i'm reading. it was perfect. then yesterday, he sent me a bouquet of flowers. they were beautiful.

it really was quite the day. thank you everyone for your well wishes and calls. thank you family for your ever-giving hearts. thank you baby for not taking me a ridiculously romantic dinner so, instead, my family could come celebrate my bday with me. you're the best! ;)

there was one sad thing about my birthday. my mom and her best friend, pam, had their kids at the same time. i am 17 hours older than scotty and have always rubbed it in his face. "yeah, well, i'm older than you so...ha!" we have also called each other each year to say happy bday. scotty called me yesterday and towards the end of the conversation mentioned how old i was and how just sad that was. "after all, you are 27 and i'm only 26."

jerk.

7 comments:

Missy said...

happy late b-day! I'm glad you got to see your family! What a perfect b-day present!

JAC said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl. We're ALMOST twins. Yippers - sure! Yuh Huh!!When are you coming up this way for the Carrot Cake/Cheese Cake? You have to let me know a bit before arriving - ya hear?

Adam said...

meant to post yesterday, but happy birthday anyway!! I'm glad it was a good one. The only bad thing that I remember about my 27th birthday was I was closer to 30 than 25. Oh well! :) Love ya!

Adam said...

Okay Pam says I'm wrong, but when rounding, 26 rounds to 25 and 27 rounds to 30. She's just mad because 29 is kicking down 30's door :p

gulp235 said...

and to think i was sitting right in front of you at church...

belated happy birthday! glad it was a great one for you!

Unknown said...

Hey Honey this is my official way of saying this is my blog site and I posted a picture of my ring on there. Take care I hope that you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Jelly Belly Buddy~
Did I really find you? I'm so excited!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.