Thursday, September 18, 2008

knowing talent when you see it

i'll admit that i teach in a way all of my college professors said to never teach. i use sarcasm.

i always start off the year hard and my kids learn to respect me quickly. then, i move onto fun and friendly...and sarcastic. don't get me wrong, i pull out the meanness whenever i need to.

anyway, yesterday afternoon i was walking my line down the hallway leaving each kid at their end of the day destinations. walking next to my class was a second grade class where several kids i taught last year were waving frantically and calling my name. i said something silly to one of them and she laughed before turning extrememly serious.

"mrs. kotze..."

"yeah?"

"...you should be a stand up comedian..."

uh...yeah

1 comments:

kablot spot said...

Happy Birthday, birthday girl!