Thursday, February 14, 2008

i'm such a sucker

michael left before i got out of bed this morning. he had a training session today in austin.

i went to work as usual and let my kids pass out their valentine's right before lunch. then, i went to lunch. i was sitting there eating a sandwich when the secretary from the school walked in holding a red vase full of red roses and purple flowers.

"mrs. kotze...these are for you."

it caught me off guard just because i wasn't expecting anything, but the flowers are beautiful. they are exactly like a bouquet michael sent me when we lived in san angelo. aaahhh, they were my favorite flowers ever and he remembered that. the card said,

"everyday feels like valentine's day with you in my life."

i almost cried. i am such a sucker for the cheesy, sweetly romantic lines. i totally want my husband to feel that way about me...at least one day a year.

i proudly carried my flowers back to my desk and breathed them in for the rest of the day.

my flowers are beautiful and so is my husband and my marriage.

thank you baby. you are the love i've always dreamed of and so much more. thank you for making me feel super special and loved today. you are totally speaking to my romantic heart. i can never express how i truly feel about you. "i love you" just doesn't do it justice.

5 comments:

Meems said...

awwww.

matthew henry said...

Ah your name is kotze! Weird!

Christal said...

cute! I'm such a baby that I cried when I watched Lennon read the card I gave him. lol.

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

kelli said...

that's so sweet! michael wouldn't have forgotten one of the most important days of the year, silly girl! I miss you so much :(