Tuesday, February 5, 2008

valentine's day...are you serious?

i'm starting to believe that valentine's day is way over rated. now, i'm gonna sound like a hypocrite but, i want something.

i the biggest sucker for flowers and a sweet card, but what the heck do you get a man for valentine's day?!

it's ridiculous. valentine's day is good for women because it reminds their husbands to write extremely sweet things in a card, but for men...

any tips?

the opinions expressed in this post are not the opinions of this blog or it's author. they are the opinions of a woman going through a crazy moment of stupidity and hypocrisy. please do not hold it against me later. :)

5 comments:

Adam said...

As a guy who has gone through 9 years of Valentine "bliss" I would suggest the best gift for guys on Valentines Day comes from Victoria Secrets! Take that for what its worth. I have no idea what to get Pam either. I peaked in our 3rd year when I had a star named after her, nothing else has measured up since. Maybe I should buy a "special" outfit from the Bass Pro Shop! I'm sure she'd like that :)

La said...

Cook and serve him dinner in a "special" outfit. =) What more could he want???

cls said...

Lingerie. That's what you get him.

Anonymous said...

As for Alex and I, since we aren't married yet (if we were I would probably follow the above advice)we have taken a que from my brother and pam. We switch off each year on the planning, since it is for the both of us. This year is my turn and I have a special dinner and movie planned. Can't say much, because he reads these sometimes, but will tell more later on after Valentine's is over...maybe I'll post about it on my blog.

marme said...

Daddy says..."Buy Michael a fishing pole for Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"