Monday, March 10, 2008

an anniversary date

i was sitting on the couch when michael walked in the door at 6:15. he looked super handsome in his slacks and nice shirt. he was carrying with him a long stemmed, red rose and a dr. pepper.

he gave me an excited, "happy anniversary!" and then went straight to the kitchen to pour my dr. pepper over ice and stick a straw in it. i haven't had a dr. pepper in three weeks (beth, please don't freak out...). it was seriously the sweetest thing he could have done. it wasn't so amazing because i wanted one so badly, but because he knows how much i love it and wanted to make me happy.

after i sipped on my delicious d.p. we got dressed up and went out for a wonderful dinner. michael took me to an italian restaurant called bravo. it was delicious. when dinner was over, i went to the bathroom. when i came back to the table, i picked up my purse to put on some lip gloss, a card was lying there.

i cried with the sweet words my husband wrote to me. it is so nice to know i'm loved. we came back home and had some of our wedding cake. such a nice tradition. i will say, the majority of it is being thrown in the trash. :)

what a wonderful first anniversary!

4 comments:

ree said...

I'm glad it wasn't just us...
On our first anniversary we got out the top layer of our wedding cake that somehow survived three moves, ate half a piece, and not too much later threw the rest away. :)

JAC said...

You both are such a blessing and I'm thankful you are close enough that I can see both of you once in a blue moon! Love you much!

Bethany Hernandez said...

how sweet! and holy cow, three weeks without a dp?! i'm sorry, but i'm freaking out for your sake =) that's just not right...

Adam said...

We were going to eat our top layer of cake on our one year anniversary but our dog climbed up on the table while we were gone and ate it :) She did it very sneakily though eating just the back side to where we thought it was fine until we turned it aroudn and saw the crime seen. Oh well we settled for an oatmeal pie and a movie instead. Happy 1 year!!