Monday, March 10, 2008

the best day of my life

one year ago, today i was getting ready to marry the man of my dreams. our wedding was blissful, as was our honeymoon and our time with michael's family from new zealand.

our relationship has been through many, many changes, a lot of them happening within this tiny year of marriage. it definitely doesn't feel like a year has passed, but of course, i can't wait for more to come.

i've been complaining a lot about being stuck in this apartment with all of it's issues with michael and our dog. the other day i was driving home and heard a song on the radio that really made me think. it's by trace atkins and it's called "you're gonna miss this". the story starts with a mother talking to her teenage daughter and moves on to when the daughter is newly married. she is living in a tiny place and her dad stops by to chat. she begins to talk about a house and babies and her daddy tells her to slow down, one day she is gonna miss this. that song really made me take a second to appreciate where michael and i are right now. i am sure in the not-so-distant future, michael and i will look back on this time and remember when it was just "me and you and jules in that tiny little apartment."

michael-
you have blessed my life in more ways than you could ever know. you are my knight in shining armor and my one true love. when i was a little girl, i always tried to picture what my husband would be like and how our marriage would turn out. of all of my perfect dreams, i could have never come up with you. you make each day of my life better than the day before. there is nothing like a man who can make you laugh in the same second that he's making you feel ridiculously loved. thank you so much for making me your wife. i love you so much. happy anniversary. it's been a wonderful year!
kj

5 comments:

kdp said...

may you have many more blissful years to come.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bethany Hernandez said...

i thought about you this morning. i'm so happy for you. congratulations!

JAC said...

Been thinking about you today - Happy Anniversary and may you have many, many more! God bless you.

ree said...

Happy anniversary!!! So happy for y'all...we love you!

Unknown said...

baby, it's been the best year of my life too. thanks for choosing me