Saturday, March 29, 2008

surgery update

i'm doing okay here. to be honest, i haven't had incredible mouth pain. i stayed pretty consistent with my hydrocodone and that really helped. for the first little while, i didn't even feel like i'd had surgery. however, taking that medicine made me very sick to my stomach and i even got sick a few times. i just couldn't eat and the medicine was too strong without any food.

i finally switched to advil and have been able to eat since then. i have four holes in the back of my mouth and that's pretty gross to me. i'm really ready for those suckers to close up. i don't handle things like that very well. it just grosses me out. bleh.

on thursday, the hight of the stomach sickness, i called in a sub for friday. later, after i'd switched to advil, i wished that i hadn't called in. i was bored out of my mind of friday. michael wasn't here and watching tv for the third day in a row was just a little too much for me. i'm getting out today. i'm going somewhere. i don't care where, but i'm going somewhere.

maybe i'll go buy something for my new (well, coming soon) nephew grayson...

6 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'm glad you feel better!

Adam said...

The holes take awhile, what always bothered me was trying to get the food out of the holes!! Glad your mouth is better I know how miserable that is. :)

ree said...

Was thinking about you...glad to hear you are doing better!!

JAC said...

So thankful you are all better. With the holes in your gums, you can tell all that care to listen, how holy you are! I believe you! Also love you much!!!

rhondamarie said...

glad your better...due to prying eyes i decided to take my blog private....if you will send your email address to mrjcwatson@msn.com i'll add you to my list. this goes to anybody else out there who i missed.

Meems said...

The holes got to me also. I always got food stuck in them and it took a good year for them to close.