Tuesday, March 25, 2008

it's happening!

tomorrow morning...oral surgery!

hurray!

who on earth would have ever thought that anyone could be excited about surgery?

this afternoon, i went to my consultation for my wisdom teeth. the doctor suggested that i get all four removed and be put to sleep for the procedure. i totally agree with all that he suggested! we went out to the counter to set the date and the earliest date she gave me was april 9th. i asked if there was anything sooner. after i told her that i was in pain and had been for a while, she looked again and said that there had just been a cancellation for tomorrow at 9am. i took it!

i went to the school right after and completed lesson plans for three days. i talked to my principal and my team leader and called in a sub for tomorrow and thursday. if i need friday, i'll call later. i came home to my last real meal for a bit. michael cooked fries and chicken wings. :) it was great!

at this point, i'm just ridiculously happy that my pain will, in a short while, be over. thank you, Jesus.

9 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

yea for no more painful teeth!! i'm so glad that it's finally almost over.

Bethany Hernandez said...

oh i'm glad that you won't be in pain anymore! i'll be praying for you tomorrow morning.

ree said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow!!! I know it will be a great relief for you to know that you'll be good to go after recovery!

JAC said...

Will be praying for you - that it's a smooth move!

crys said...

i hope you're feeling well, friend!

kablot spot said...

You really should count on being out Thursday. That would give you 5days. You won't be sorry you took them. You'll still be taking drugs.

And, getting them all out at once is the best possible scenario. It hurts about the same amount whether you get 1 or 4 out, just in more places. But you get good drugs.

Meems said...

I have a funny story that may make you laugh.....

I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago. They apparantly gave me way too much medication because for about a day I had no facial control. I was so out of it that I kept feeling my face because I didn't think it was there. I drooled everywhere and lets just say Neill thought I had lost my mind. He still makes fun of me.

A's Rich Life said...

yea 4 u! Soup & jello diet sounds good! lol

we had to put TJ (who's 3) through 3 crowns & 7 fillings. Thank God for sedation! The dentist was quite impressed with how well he did for his age. Now all we have to do is his front 4 teeth! YIKES!

beautiful chaos said...

I don't think I have ever heard the words 'oral surgery' and 'hurray' used in such close proximity...
You, my friend, are a trooper.
I hope you are feeling much better in no time at all!!
Hurray!!