Tuesday, August 12, 2008

i'm outta my pj's

and have been for 11 hours. hope that makes you feel a little better about yesterday.

today i made my first journey to school from home. it took 18 minutes while stopping to get a cappuccino. i didn't even speed. not bad, in my opinion.

we started the day with a workshop on science and some other stuff that i obviously wasn't paying very much attention to. it was just dandy. i had lunch with my coworkers and spent the afternoon trying to arrange my classroom. the room is a little weird, and in the middle of the year last year i got a gigantic 12'x12' rug that takes up an awkward amount of space. i worked and worked and became super annoyed with minimal progress. in fact, zero progress. i asked our head custodian to come help me move some stuff. he did. then we moved it right back. it was ridiculous. finally, at the end of the day rosemary, my team leader, came in and helped talk me through a few options. we ended with one i think i'll enjoy. i'll make that decision in the morning when i walk back in my room.

in other wonderful school news, i am excited about a few new things i've gotten for my classroom. just fun games for stations and school supplies. i'm also very happy to see my sharpie's again. they missed me almost as much as i missed them.

another plus? it rained here all day! it stopped just a short while before i got home. it smelled great and looked great and the only thing that could have made it better is if i were home with a book and a blanket. mmm...

right now, i sit in my favorite chair, watching rachel ray, waiting on my husband and more rain. it might be quite a nice evening, once i get back in my pj's anyway.

1 comments:

marme said...

sound like a pretty perfect day to me...

glad it was good.

wish I were there.