Monday, August 11, 2008

weekend wonderfulness

this weekend was really wonderful. i had plenty of time to play with ellie and hold grayson. i got a new haircut! saturday night, we went to amy and alex's reception in odessa and followed it up with a bit of taco villa. on sunday, i got to hear my dad preach and had a little more time to spend with family.

it was really hard to leave.

on one hand, i was ready to be home and sleep in my own bed but it was really hard to leave the babies. plus-i knew as soon as i got back, i'd have one day to get home ready before going back to work. now, i must say that i have it a little better than most of my friends. they go back full throttle tomorrow. i have a workshop tomorrow but plan to spend the rest of the week at school getting my classroom ready. our pd workshops don't start until the 18th. i know that's a lot easier to deal with than 9 days of that stuff. sorry guys.

my plan for today is to have the house clean and laundry done. i know there will still be a few things left undone. we aren't getting our dining room furniture until september! so we have a few pictures and decorating things left sitting in that room until i figure out where to put them. i'll finish the day off with grocery shopping.

i also plan to sit around a lot, watch tv, check blogs and read. i'm reading sackett's land by louis l'amour. i love it.

i really want to enjoy my last day off so i really feel like i did all i could do to prolong summer. i don't even know if i'll get out of my pj's today. okay, maybe i will to go to the store. other than that...i make no promises.

wherever you are today, enjoy it for me, it's my last day off.

2 comments:

Micheal said...

Kylah Jo, I can't believe you like the sacketts. Those are my all time favorite books. I even have the sacetts movie. That is great to know.

Micheal

Bethany Hernandez said...

hey, you ALL have it good compared to us! i go back to school tomorrow...teaching and kids and everything! i'm glad you had a great weekend!