Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a true wonder

my first day of school went just fine, as did my second. i have such a group of talkers this year, my goodness. i am usually overly strict for the first month of school and today was no different. i have a coworker's daughter in my class and i made her "pull a color" today. that was weird. but, it was necessary.

i have some real cuties and although they like to talk, i think i might be able to train them into quietness. i'll let you know in the weeks and months to come.

today was our first day to run through everything exactly like a normal day. we did stations and everything. we had rotated to our third station and i was walking around checking on everyone. i walked by "station 4" when nicole looked up at me with a smile. i leaned down to ask her how she was doing. she sighed and said, "everything's like a small wonderland in here..."

makes a teacher feel pretty good when they can make someone's day on Day 2.

thanks, nicole, you've just done something wonderful for yourself for the rest of the year. it's always good to have your teacher wrapped around your finger! :)

3 comments:

rhondamarie said...

ahhh you make me want to go to grade school again. i still have such vivid memories of my teachers especially those that made me feel special in their wonderland classrooms. thanks for doing what you do and making things wonderful for your kids.

ree said...

Awww...can I be in Mrs. Kotze's class??

marme said...

What a fun class...and teacher. You are making school an adventure. Ya know that?

Did ya tear up?