Friday, August 22, 2008

meet the teacher night

today from 4:30-6pm, our school conducted our meet the teacher time. of the 18 students i have right now, all but two showed up. from the looks of the students so far, i think i might have a good year.

between the 10 boys and 8 girls (with some siblings of my last year's children), i think our personalities might mix well. i do have a student with autism again this year but his autism affects him differently than my student last year. he seems to be a little more impulsive but academically on par where as my student last year couldn't do very much on her own. it will be a different experience but i think i'm up for the challenge.

most of my parents seemed very enthusiastic and supportive and one mom even asked me for my wish list. i happily told her to come to the parent orientation night on wednesday and i'd give it to her! :) plus-i got so many visits from my old students. they were all so cute and tall and huggy! such big ol' second graders! oh...tear. :(

it never fails, at this time of year i start to get a little nervous for the first day of school. what if i don't know what to say? what if i just sit and stare at them? what if they just sit and stare at me? oh wait a second, i hope they just sit and stare at me as long as they're listening and quiet! yeah, i think i'll be just fine.

the 1.5 hours of meet the teacher flew by so quickly that when it was over, a wave of exhaustion hit me. i cleaned up, drove home and sat in my favorite chair with my feet up. now i'm watching tv, blogging and thinking about heading to bed pretty soon.

this is my last weekend before months and months of kiddos so i'm planning to sleep in tomorrow. i don't think i could be more thankful for anything else in the world.

1 comments:

ree said...

I thought you would probably re-think that statement about "what if they just sit and stare" at you! haha

I pray you have an easy yet fulfilling school year!!!