Thursday, August 21, 2008

redeemed

before we moved to this house, we lived in an apartment complex 2 minutes from my school. my commute was always fast and furious and left little room for meditation or reflection. oddly enough, that is one of the things i looked forward to most with this move. the drive.

this week it has taken me about 20 minutes to get to work during rush hour. i've spent that time praying and worshiping. my drive has been a blessing. today however, as i rounded the last bend on the street to my school, my mind was assaulted with past failures, wrong decisions and bad mistakes. it was so sudden it felt like a punch in the gut.

i will never understand why satan attacks like he does. but i do know, that my Jesus has thrown those mess-ups into the sea of forgetfulness. He doesn't remember them and when i beg for forgiveness again, He doesn't even know what I'm talking about. thankfully. i began to pray, instead, for comfort and peace and although comfort didn't come immediately, it did come.

thank you, my Lord, for calvary. you are an amazing God full of mercy and grace and assurance. i am grateful that even when the enemy does his best to knock me off track and drag me down, you hold the key to set me free. i am no longer captive by my past. you have proven yet again, you are my redeemer.

3 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

i wish there was a way to type the tightness in my throat, the thankfulness in my heart and the tears in my eyes after reading this post.

i spent my best time with God during my eternally-long commutes in dallas. the big city is good for something.

another hit-out-of-the-park post, sister.

kablot spot said...

Isn't it nice to know that satan has been, and will always be, too stupid to come up with new tricks.

crys said...

i, too, was feeling the pull of satan today. he just wouldn't go away. i was so stressed.

but then...

out of the blue, i got a text from sarah reminding me all over again who i serve.

what an awesome God!