Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a nut in the classroom

i'm tired and it's only my second day of work. not only that, but i didn't even get out of bed until 8:30 this morning. when school starts, i'll up that time by 2.5 hours. what the heck am i gonna do?!

my classroom is slowly coming together. it never fails, each year as i try to make sense of everything in my room and get it organized, i get crazy. i mean, like in the head kind of crazy. i'll pull a basket out of my closet and start to unload it and put things away. i'll be walking from the closet to my desk with a can of sharpies when i see my bookshelf empty. i'll put the sharpies down somewhere, go back into the closet and get out a stack of books. on my way to putting the books in the bookshelf, i'll notice the empty pocket chart on the wall and carry the books halfway back to the closet before i remember the sharpies. see...crazy.

it takes me almost as much energy to stay on task during the two weeks before school starts as it does for my friend to run a 10k.

i'm heading back early in the morning for another full day or organizing. if you can even call it that.

2 comments:

ree said...

That sounds like me when we are unloading freight on Mondays. There's just so much stuff and lots to do!

You're staying on task...any one of 250!

kdp said...

i feel your pain sista!!!!!!