Thursday, October 23, 2008

daddy's little girl

there is a certain story i've been told about my childhood that i think helps define my relationship with my dad.

his friend, dean williamson tells me that he was standing near when a man they all knew looked at me at a tender young age of 3 or 4 and said, "you must be david henry's little girl." i shook my head and said seriously, "no, i'm daddy's little girl."

and it was the absolute truth. there is no way in this world i could be the woman i am without the love of my father. the most amazing dad in the world.

daddy-you are as good today, at 29 as you were long ago at age...well...29. :) i love you dearly and wish i could have been with you on your birthday. we'll celebrate in a couple of days. i hope you had a wonderful day! i love you so much!

-your little girl

ps-just so you know, i told my kids that it was your bday today and they were so excited! they asked if you could come in and bring cupcakes. i explained that you lived in another town and you should have seen their faces drop. i asked how old they thought you were turning today and i got quite the answers: 29! 23! 49! 51! and many, many others. i especially liked the answer 23, since they all know i just turned 27. :)

0 comments: