Monday, October 20, 2008

missing babies...

i've been really missing my family lately. with our final and much needed slow down with travel, there has been a downside. my family times have dwindled to few and far between. well, i guess i still get to see them about once a month, but that's a lot different then every weekend.

the other day at target, i was walking down the aisle and found the cutest little halloween outfits and had to get them for my sweet henry babies. of course, every time i see them sitting on my couch, i miss those babies even more. i mean, wouldn't you too if you could just picture a little bouncy blondie in this orange polk-a-dots and a cuddly, sweet smelling baby in this cute mummy onsie?!?!?

gosh, how stinkin sweet.

today as i was leaving work my mom returned my call from earlier in the day. after my quick, "hello?" there was silence. then..."hi." in the sweetest voice i've ever heard. oh, sweet ellie. i talked to her for a little bit with mom in the background asking her who was on the phone. after a few moments, i hear her sweet voice say, "jo!"
how great is it when your tiny niece knows your voice over the phone? it's amazing. what's better? about a half a second after she said my name, she kissed the phone. oh gosh, be still my heart. i love that little girl like i would have never believed i could. what a sweetheart.
now, if friday would just hurry and get here...

2 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

the babies miss you too. and so does your sister. what cute outfits! they are perfect. check out my newest post. it will either help your missing or make it worse.. :)

see you friday!

Anonymous said...

They make you melt. So sweet.
and those halloween outfits are too cute!