Wednesday, February 21, 2007

beautiful.

have you ever, in your life seen anything more beautiful than this?

Elizabeth Claire Henry. Ellie. my niece. she was born on Tuesday, February 13th at 8:37 am. i cried that day as i sat in my 1st grade classroom thinking about that sweet little thing being born 4.5 hours away from me. everyone was there. well, almost everyone.

everyone except me.

by thursday afternoon, i could take it no longer. my fiance, michael, booked a flight for me, and i called in sick on friday. i had to see my precious little niece.

my wonderful sister (in-law), sarah, had explained to everyone that there would be hours of uninterrupted time for aunt kylah and ellie. i walked in her nursery, where everyone was staring at her, and fell deeply in love.

for the next 3 days, i held her, changed her diaper, watched her, smelled her and sugared her.

she is perfect. absolutely perfect.

my brother and his wife did a fabulous job.

and i, for one, am thankful for it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her name. It's beautiful!
So Sweet.