Friday, February 23, 2007

who can ask this of me?

this isn't fair. it's not fair, i tell you.

my parents left last night for the metroplex where they will be having meetings on saturday morning. where do you think they stayed last night?

you got it.

ellie's.

it's funny how everything changes when a sweet baby enters the picture. dont' get me wrong, i've always been insanely jealous when the rest of my family is together without me; but now...now it's way worse.

yes, landon and sarah still live there. but ellie lives there now and that makes it different. completely different. it makes it ellie's.

i called this morning to make sure my mom knew to pick up the bridesmaid's dresses (which are finally here and will be fabulous) and what do you know...my dad was holding the baby. he actually rubbed it in before telling me that he kissed her sweet head for me.

jerk.

you want to know love? know your wonderful brother's baby girl. she will make you love more than you thought possible.

i know when i have my own children i will love them with an undescribable love, but i am not there yet. for now...

i will bask in the joy that is my love for ellie.

0 comments: