Thursday, February 22, 2007

miss henry and mr. henry


my last name right now is henry. it's a fabulous name and i love it. it is also very simple for my first graders to say. i have been a little worried that my new name, kotze, would be hard for them to get the hang of. i finally have a solution:

i was just looking through my pictures and happened to be on this one. one of my sweet girls, tammy was at my desk watching. another student walked up and asked who those people were...uh, wow! (and i am supposed to teach these children how to read?)

tammy said, "that is miss henry and her fiance. right?" right.

another tiny tot walks over, takes a look at the picture and proudly states...

"miss henry and mr. henry."

that's right. who said he couldn't take my name anyway?

1 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

i LOVE this story. and this idea. michael should totally be mr. henry. so cute. you think you'll just stay miss henry at school? i know you said for the rest of this year you would. you could be mrs. k if kotze is too hard. that's always an option... i like your blog, sister.