Wednesday, February 21, 2007

overwhelmed.

17 days.

that is all that is left of my single life. i am thrilled!

as most girls do, i have been dreaming of this my entire life. i have always wanted someone else's last name. but i have always loved my own last name.

it is a torn heart that wants to hold on to my family's last name and also readily accept my husband's name. i am ready for the change.

my new niece, Ellie, was born last tuesday and on our trip home, i realized that i was days away from being married. since that realization hit, my brain has been continuously revolving around the list that had for so long lodged itself somewhere in the abyss of my mind. i am overwhelmed to say the least. it feels like i have a million things left to do, but when i make out the threatening "To Do" list, it is, surprisingly, not that long. the only conclusion:

tragedy.

"what have i forgotten? did i do that? what about this? where is the list i made 5 months ago? where is the wedding folder of ideas that i have been collecting for years? what left-out detail is going to come back to haunt me on march 10?"

it's scary i tell you. just plain scary.

are you prepared for the roller coaster. you're at the front of the line...