Tuesday, January 8, 2008

my christmas

we had such a wonderful christmas. we got to spend about a week in san angelo before heading to odessa for a short family christmas and then to vegas for vacation. our christmas has so much tradition that it makes it so fun. we all sat around in our christmas pj's and opened presents one at a time. i loved giving everyone gifts that i thought they would love and appreciate. everything i got, i loved so much. there was one present, that when michael opened it (it was to both of us), it took me a second to realize what it was. at first i thought it was one of those "kiss me goodnight" boards that you can get in fredericksburg and other cute places like that. then, i noticed the last few letters of kotze and my name.

sarah, my wonderful sister, found someone online who makes these boards. she ordered one for michael and i with our anniversary on it. i cried. michael cried. sarah cried. dad cried. ellie cried (although, i don't think it had anything to do with my sign...). it is so beautiful and special to me. thank you sister, you're amazing.another great thing us girls got (another tradition just started) were james avery charm bracelets. mom already has one so we each got one too. from now on, we will get a charm that represents something important that happened in our year. thanks marme, you're the best!

2 comments:

ree said...

What a wonderful tradition! I love it! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and (hopefully) a fantastic vacation! Love and miss you!

cls said...

WOW! Where did Sarah get that sign from? It is soooo pretty. I think I need one. ;)