Thursday, January 31, 2008

no rest for the weary

after my rough day yesterday, i laid down ready for bed. i usually fall asleep rather quickly, but i just laid there last night waiting for my mind to settle down. it took almost an hour.

when i woke this morning, i woke from a dream about my students.

there we were, it was the end of the school day. the bell had just sounded and my kids were still sitting in their chairs, not in line with their backpacks as they should have been. i frantically tell them to put their things away and get in line. they do not move. i tell them again and again and again and they refuse to move. my 21 6 year olds continue to sit in their desks coloring and reading and talking. of course, as i am ignored my voice raises and begins to shriek as i cannot believe what is happening. i eventually start pulling kids out of their chairs and pushing them towards their backpacks. i was astonished when i pulled theodore from his chair and noticed that he had wet his pants. YES! he wet his pants. that is how long these stinkin kids sat in their chairs not listening to their teacher. they sat there long enough for a child to actually pee in his pants.

it was the most hideous dream and as you can imagine, i was not anywhere next to rested or calm by the time i got to school today.

we had another rough day. a few minutes before we left i actually told one of my students (who has been acting like a monster for weeks) that i had a bad dream last night and that it was because of the way he has been acting. he was actually quiet the last 15 minutes of class.

i think maybe i should be fired.

5 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

wow! i can totally relate to the dream thing. we did a skit on wednesday, and i dreamt the night before that they were all running around the stage.

at least tomorrow's friday!

Anonymous said...

This story is hiliarious! I just laughed my head off!

beautiful chaos said...

hehehe - you are really extremely funny, kj! I hope tomorrow is much better...

marme said...

tomorrow will be much better...cause you're coming to see your marme! :)

Me said...

I can totally relate to having dreams about work. Mine involve the TAKS test and me panicing to figure out what accomadations I have and need for all my kids. YIKES. What's even worse about it is that I talk in my sleep and sometimes walk around. So Adam gets a center stage view of a theatrical version of some of my dreams.
It's horrible. Then he likes to share these stories with others.