Thursday, January 10, 2008

ugh...

i just realized, after listening to a voicemail from marme, that my last grocery store post was probably something so totally newlyweddish.

remember something sort of like this, "i just love going to the grocery store. my sweet, wonderful, handsome, darling husband goes with me and it's just so wonderful and fun. there is nothing more fun than going to the grocery store with my sweetie. blah, blah, blah. etc."

gag.

michael has been very busy and extremely tired when he gets home from work. he also does so much for us like paying the bills and checking the mail and calling anybody or any business we need to call, getting the house sold and...paying the bills again. we had plans to go to the store sunday, monday and tuesday but didn't make it because by the time he got home, he really didn't want to leave again. i let that slide because let's face it, i really didn't want to go either. then i thought, "heck, i can go to the stinkin grocery store by myself. i'm a grown woman for goodness sake."

i think the store became a chore in that one moment. but, i guess like la said, i should enjoy the errand as it is now, before i add kids to the mix. i don't know how you women do it. you are amazing.

i'll tell you this much, having tasty water to drink when you're thirsty is worth a million hours in a grocery store.

1 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

If anyone I knew was truly enamored with the idea of grocery shopping, I would offer them help in the form of an intervention.
I feel like Mason at Hobby Lobby when I have to go grocery shopping.
I wanna cry when I see the parking lot. LOL!
Your story made me remember what it was like to be a kid.
I need to focus on making memories like that with my kids.
Not just avoiding a visit from CPS... :)