Wednesday, January 9, 2008

who would've thought?

when i was a kid, i loved to go grocery shopping with my mom. it was always fun to see what she was putting in the basket, especially if it was lucky charms or little debbie swiss cake rolls. i always really liked to see what she was getting that she would be cooking us for dinner.

i always, always tried to sneak something in the basket. that is one of the main reasons i never missed a trip to the grocery store with my daddy.


in ft stockton, daddy and i would go to the grocery store together to get a gallon of milk. we always got the milk, and we always got donuts. yummo! we would eat our donuts on the way home in the car and then we'd be dying of thirst. lucky for us, we had a gallon of milk!

so, with all of this fun as a child, who would've thought that i would hate, HATE grocery shopping now?!

i spent an hour and a half in the store today, right after work, and then carried a ton of groceries from my car to my upstairs apartment. oh well, i guess i beter get used to it. i know it's going to be a great thing for me to do for the rest of my life.

one good thing? i bought some grapes that might be the B E S T grapes i've ever had in my life. they are perfectly crisp, sweetly juicy and amazingly tasty.

hating the errand i once loved to dearly...who would've thought?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too went grocery shopping and liked it better when I didn't have to pay for my food! Ha!

Definately much more fun when I was a kid...

I snuck stuff in the basket too!
:0)

Sarah P. Henry said...

i have the same love-hate relationship with grocery shopping. it seems like such fun to plan a menu and cook something yummy and homemade. but the store just sucks when you get there.

i wish i had some of those perfect grapes. and if i were sharing them with you, why that would be even more lovely.

La said...

Enjoy your time at the store NOW, without kids! =) It gets more and more fun with every child you have.....

I remember the days of grocery shopping while living in a second floor apartment. I was pregnant too - imagine that....me, pregnant! Anyway, not too fun.....

Adam said...

I do all the grocery shopping in our house and I hate shopping! The way I get through it is always shop at HEB (way better than walmart) and wear my ipod and jam out while I shop. It makes it much more enjoyable, although I sometimes loose track of time and how much junk I have put in the basket. I should buy more grapes my girls love them.