Thursday, September 24, 2009

a birthday to remember

today was my birthday, my 28th birthday. my first official birthday as an old lady. my first birthday as a mom. it was weird. i still had to wake up at all hours of the morning to feed a baby. i was still way tired when i got out of bed for the final time and still had plenty of work to do....it's my birthday for cryin' out loud! :)


i spent yesterday telling michael that i would not open my present early. he finally ran into the room this morning, practically shoving the gift in my face. i readily passed over the baby and ripped out the tissue paper. dun...dun...dun....


the camera i wanted!!! we're also expecting another lens that michael david got for me. it should be here friday!
mom and dad arrived around 11:30 with the traditional cupcakes for my "class". this time, there were 5 huge carrot cake cupcakes. yummo! we went to a delicious lunch at maggianos and then for a little shopping. mom took me to pandora and bought me a charm bracelet with the most beautiful peridot charm to represent michael david's birthday...the biggest thing to happen to me this year. it's gorgeous! while there, i found a ring that i loved and michael got me that for my birthday too!
i got a super sweet amount of calls, texts, emails and facebook comments wishing me a happy birthday. i gotta say, it all made me feel pretty darn special.
this has been a wonderful day. definitely one for the books!

4 comments:

ree said...

Awww...glad you had a good day, friend!

Anonymous said...

I got a charm bracelet from Pandora too! What are the odds? Super exciting/pretty. Yay!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! Love ya!

Oh and let's see pics of your bracelet! I bet it's gorgeous!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you got some fun presents!!!