Sunday, September 13, 2009

cold turkey

yesterday, i decided to give up caffeine. well, the caffeine found in drinks anyway. so, yesterday...day 1 had michael david falling asleep easier and without all of his colicky fussing.

today...not so much.

i went to lunch with my aunt karen today. we had burgers at red robin and enjoyed a nice conversation. i ordered water and then changed my mind when the waiter said something about root beer. root beer is caffeine free, right? i was sure i remembered that from pregnancy days.

i really started thinking about it this evening though when michael david's nightly hard-to-get-to-sleep routine was quite apparent.

i got online to double check my thinking on root beer. sure enough, it is caffeine free. most brands are anyway. all except barq's. well...crap. what did i have at lunch today? you guessed it, barq's!

so much for quitting cold turkey. i'll give it a go again tomorrow and hope it gets better!

1 comments:

La said...

Awesome! It sounds like you might be on to what's bothering him. I stayed away from caffeine whenever I was pregnant or nursing and that was SO hard. I LOVE Dr. Pepper and tea. Of course I can make decaf tea at home, but restaurants never have it. Since I stopped nursing Joshua I've become addicted to caffeine - as in, if I don't have it I get major headaches. Yuck. =(

BTW, I never knew until recently that the fruit flavored sodas I thought were c. free aren't. Like orange and grape and red. Am I the only one who thought those were c free???