Friday, August 10, 2007

cuddling differences

michael is an avid cuddler. i honestly thought i was, until we got married. now he swears that i never cuddle. he was saying this to my dad the other day and dad said, "she never has been."

what?!

what kind of girl isn't a cuddler. man. you learn all kinds of things about yourself when you get married.

when we first got married and i had to wake up early, i would slide quietly out of bed, as to not disturb my sleeping husband. then i started getting in trouble. he wanted me to hug him and cuddle him a minute before i got up. so, of course i started doing that.

this week when i had to get up at 6:15, i would gently hug michael for a minute or so and then slide out of bed. when i was ready i would sweetly kiss him and leave quietly with the room dark.

well...

this morning, i didn't have to get up and michael did. he got out of bed, took a shower and came back to cuddle with me for a minute. he cuddles and talks and touches. how can you stay asleep like that. so i woke up and talked to him while he got ready. then he left. i was wide awake. jerk.

i am realizing why i'm not a cuddler. it's just asking for problems that a girl who loves her sleep doesn't want around. wow.

8 comments:

Meems said...

We like to cuddle for a minute and then their is a great divide before bed. We both roll over in the opposite direction.

CG said...

cuddling whats that? enjoy it even if it seems annoying. We say goodnight aaand then there's the snoring.

beautiful chaos said...

Who honestly cuddles? Honestly?
Well, I guess if you include all the pestering I do. I think that instead of cuddling, I like to drive my husband completely crazy by picking at him. I told rw last weekend, "I'd pick his nose if he'd let me..."
That's Kind of cuddling...

kj said...

well, we cuddle before rolling over for sleep as well. and A-i'm a picker too. it drives him crazy.

kdp said...

we used to cuddle. now we just say a few sentences and then fall asleep.
but don't feel too sorry for me, ladies, if ya know what i mean. (wink, wink)

A's Rich Life said...

I recommend the book (for Every couple), The 5 Love Languages by Gary Smalley...this book totally transformed my marriage! I'm really big on touching and being touched. Rich just wants his house clean & tidy. ;)

We communicate a lot better since we've had time to ferment (lol). We may be at the opposite sides of the bed but we touch feet!

marme said...

Just be a talker to us morning people! That's all I ask! I promise to cuddle if you'll just talk back!

He thinks my love language is "acts of service" I really think it's "conversation."

kj said...

we read the five love languages before we got married as part of our premarital counseling by pastor david. it is a great book.

it's funny because both of our first love languages are physical touch. then his is acts of service and mine is quality time.

our physical touches are just a little different. that's all.

it is a fabulous book. and mom, i promise and when you come to visit or i come to visit you, i will talk with you. forget daddy. i'll talk with you. ;)