Wednesday, August 8, 2007

new teacher academy

is a terrible thing. it's bad anyway because the only thing anyone here can think about is their classroom and their To-Do list.

while we are stressing away thinking of all of these things, there are administrators upon administrators talking away into a microphone. they talk about all sorts of things and most of it is boring. we sat for hours, tortured...tormented. it was painful.

however, this day-the second day- was much better. we were split into clusters so all of the first grade teachers were together. the only bad thing was that the two girls that annoyed me the most from yesterday (the constant, exaggerated whispering in which you hear only the "sss" ) happened to be in the one room i walked in to...15 minutes late i might add. i'm going to have to get better at judging traffic. geez.

anyway-today...we were in the first grade grouping being taught by...you got it! first grade teachers! they walked us through the science and social studies curriculum. this district rocks! the curriculum shows what dates to teach what and how to teach it. i mean, what on earth am i gonna have to do?!?!?! it seems to be done for me. it even tells me the materials i need, the questions to ask and what to do for prep. ;) i know there is still plenty for us to do and plenty to teach, but still...it feels pretty good.

hurray! i still haven't seen my classroom here, but my classroom at lamar is cleaned out. not hurray. all of my classroom contents are filled to overflowing in my jeep and my dad's truck. they are parked nicely in my garage. see, this way, i didn't have to unload the millions of pounds of things only to load them again in a few days.

my sweet friend crys, met michael halfway so that i could come to sa without having to drive my jeep. see, i couldn't have even fit a suitcase in the car as the passenger seat was filled with junk. thanks crys! you're the best! (i am praying to God i didn't get jacob sick. poor baby. i feel so bad. you know i felt immediately better the second i got to sa. i was wondering if it may have been allergies. let me know how little boy feels.)

okay-so, tomorrow...one more day of new teacher orientation. then, i'm as oriented as i am gonna be. wish me luck!

0 comments: