Thursday, August 30, 2007

sick.

i'm sick. i'm just plain sick.

i'll organize anything. if i see it, and it's near me for any extended period of time, i'll organize it. it's a disease that has no cure.

you don't believe me? i have proof.

last night at the store, i bought a nice little plastic container of q-tips. the perfect thing for michael and i in our one bedroom living state. i opened the package last night so that i wouldn't make any noise for michael while i was getting ready.

this morning, i reached for the q-tips on the dresser (from the floor), i grabbed the lid and as i pulled the container off of the dresser, the lid popped open, spilling the 14 million q-tips to the ground.

"crap."

i stuff them all back in in a way that wouldn't even permit the lid to close. so, tonight, i'm sitting here watching tv and i catch a glimpse of the box, next to the mirror, overrun with q-tips. i brought the box to the bed, dumped out the tips and began replacing them.

when i was finished, i shut the lid with a smile...and clapped.


exhibit A:


told ya so.

7 comments:

ree said...

Is it contagious? Rub it off on me a little when you come home so I can be more organized!!!

There, you have an appointment, so you have to come home! =)

beautiful chaos said...

I have a cure for your organization "sickness".
Kids.
Get to work and in a little less than a year, you will be healed!
You really clapped?
Sicko... :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! You are sick...you know me I would probably just leave them there and just pick them up when I needed them! Nasty I know... maybe you should start a class on organization.

I could sure use it!

marme said...

this does't suprise me at all.

I just can't believe it didn't bug you all day and you ran home to take care of the problem.

I get to see you tonight!

La said...

A's right. Have kids. I would have organized the q-tips at one time too. But that was a different time. 3 kids does not allow me life's little luxuries like perfecting the q-tip box. I miss it!

La said...

I should add that this is not a "sickness". It is the way it should be. If only everyone was that way...

kj said...

i have kids! 18 of them.

i know, i know. not my real kids that live in my home and take all of my time. and i know it could never be the same, but my classroom is as organized, always, as my home. i even train my kids to put their books up in a certain order in their cubbies.

no matter when you see them, their books will be in the same order in each cubbie. it's sad.