Wednesday, August 29, 2007

first day flowers

i fell in love with one of my little boys the first time i saw him at meet the teacher. he is really short, tanned little face and white blond hair (he reminds me of my handsome mason!). his name is shaun. he came to school crying the first day. it's a little hard to leave mom after being with her for a whole summer, ya know?! he came to school crying, but he brought me this beautiful rose. how lucky am i?



i got an apple too! first day of school, first apple this year, from the girl who threw up after the first lunch. poor courtney. uh...yeah, story to follow...

right now. story is following right now.

we go to recess directly after lunch. someone usually cries at least once every other week at recess. everyone is always "hurt" and something is always "wrong". josh came over to tell me that courtney was hurt. she eventually found her way over to me. she wasn't hurt, she was just crying hysterically and saying she missed her mom. i kept trying to calm her down and eventually told her to go in and go to the restroom. i let her take another girl with her. i watched them as they walked towards the door and back out to the playground, back towards the door and back to the playground once again. by this time, it was time for us to line up and go inside.

when we made our way back in, we stopped at the restrooms for a break. courtney was next in line and had quieted her crying quite a bit (because i told her too because she was loud in the hallway) when out of nowhere, she throws up all over the floor. gross!

poor baby. i don't think she was really sick. i think she just worked herself into a frenzy and made herself sick. i felt really badly for her. her mom said she was fine the rest of the day.

i never did eat that apple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

4220
Yeah, that's why I didn't become a teacher! I know, I know... I'm a nurse and I should handle that stuff well... no I don't handle throw up well, especially from little kids. I give you mad props from this end.

Anonymous said...

oops sorry for the random numbers...I don't know what happened.

kj said...

ha! i was thinking that might be the hospital code for gross throw up all over the floor and other students! ;)