Tuesday, August 4, 2009

baby! come out!

38 week dr.'s appt held no major surprises.

my doctor is on vacation this week so i met with one of her partners. after looking at my chart and everything, she predicted a 7.5 lb baby boy. i could do with one less lb when this kid is born, but...who really knows.

i am beginning to progress a little more each week, so that's something! the doctor said that if we so choose, she would gladly schedule us for an induction thurs or fri of next week. whoa! it kind of scared me more than excited me! :) i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm ready to have this kid and stop waddling around everywhere, but whoa...scary. michael and i decided we would wait for our appt next week and see how things are going before we decide. if baby boy doesn't want to wait that long, then so be it! i'd be happy to have him sooner without planning it. :)

of course, i am not saying that i will not schedule to be induced at some point...just not this point.

and...i'm sorry that all my posts seem to be about pregnancy right now. such is life.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Some people might hate the idea of being induced but it wasn't really that bad. But I liked being in control and knowing what was about to happen step by step. That's just me though and I have only had the one so I've never experienced the unexpected.

kablot spot said...

We want to know. Keep telling us.

JAC said...

All three of mine were induced; not by choice though. Just relax as much as you can cause when the little guy gets here, your sleeping pattern will totally change for a long time! He is a gift from God and always remember that, even in the midnight hour when all you want is sleep!!! Love you. Baca