Thursday, August 6, 2009

mommy and baby hang out

melissa taught kinder at my school last year. she gave birth to her first baby boy, jude, in february and also decided to take this next year off. lucky for me, she has several friends with new babies and even one expecting 2 weeks after me.

a few weeks ago, she started this little group of mom's getting together to hang out. i've made it the past two thursdays and it's so nice. everyone is so laid-back and figuring things out together. i think it's gonna be really great when baby boy arrives and things have settled down. i'll have somewhere to go and hang out with people who know how i'll be feeling. thank you, Jesus!

right before we left today, alli said she'd host next week. she also mentioned that she would be making carrot cake for our enjoyment. carrot cake is my absolute favorite dessert in the entire universe. i'm still hoping i won't be able to make it! :) they did promise, though, that if i couldn't make it due to a certain someone's arrival, they would bring me a piece of cake! yahoo!

sounds like the best of both worlds to me!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

aww...thinking of you!