Monday, August 17, 2009

the next time...

  • i post, i'll be a mom.
  • i bathe in my bathtub, my tummy will no longer hold a baby.
  • i sit at this table, my family will be 3...no longer 2.
  • any of my friends or family see me, they won't really see me...they'll only have eyes for my son.
  • michael and i get in the car together, it will be the last time we get in alone...for a long, long time.
  • i eat something, it will be because i've just been through labor and delivered a child. an actual human child. mine and michael's child. whoa.
  • my husband holds a baby, it will be his own. finally. and i will cry.
  • we sleep in our bed, after tonight, a baby will sleep in the room with us.
  • i fall deeply in love...will be some time tomorrow...
baby boy-
daddy and i have waited a long time for you. we are anxious to meet you and hold you and love you. we are praying for your safe arrival tomorrow. be careful as you make your way here. i will do everything within my power to make sure it's as easy as possible for you. :) once you're here, our lives will be like nothing we've ever imagined. we love you so very much. see you tomorrow!
-mama

7 comments:

Ashley said...

praying for you and can't wait to see pictures!!!

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

Thanks for the tears, PUNK! I can't wait to meet your new addition. I am praying for the 3 of you. Love yall :)

Sara_Smiles said...

That was beautiful! Congrats on your little man! Can't wait to see pictures! :o)

marme said...

You did it. With everything you had in you...you did it.

You did good, baby girl!

He is beautiful, here, and safe.

Marme loves you.

The Mrs. Long said...

I saw the pictures on your momma's blog... He is PERFECT! Congrats Kyla I know you and Michael will be wonderful parents!! CONGRATS!!!!

Me said...

I'm with Adam- Thanks for the tears. :)
I can't wait to see your beautiful baby boy in person. Congratulations to both you and Michael. You're in for a wild, wonderful, exhausting, often challenging and very magical ride.
Try to live in the moment, because though I know it doesn't seem like it now, time will fly by. Trust me on this... I know.
I love you!