Friday, August 28, 2009

it's been a rough one...

today has been tough.

other than about 1.5 hour stint where michael david and i both took a nap, he's been crying. he'll be happy for a few minutes and then start crying. poor guy must have a little tummy ache. we had hot dogs for supper last night and that's all i can think this could be. is chili, in fact, the culprit?

as i write this, however, he is content in his daddy's arms listening to his soft, calm voice. oh, wait...nevermind.

i've tried everything. Jesus, help us...

3 comments:

La said...

I know it's so hard at first. =( You won't remember all of this so very much later though. It will be sweet memories that make you smile.

I don't remember who told me this when I was a new mom with a rather colicky baby, but don't be afraid to take a little break. As in, lay the baby in his bed and step outside for a few minutes and breathe. He's safe and you'll be a better mommy if you keep your sanity. I wasn't able to take that advice often (my heart would break to leave them!), but sometimes you really need to.

I hope he settles in better soon....

Christal said...

I remember thinking "man i knew it'd be hard, but come on!" I pleaded with God about getting my child to sleep. Then things will start getting better and better. (but it seriously feels like it will never happen) Just hang in there and do what La said. That is so true!

marme said...

I think that may have been me, la.

That's what the dr told me and I remember putting landon in his crib after exhausting everything else, and sitting on the street curb...I could stil hear him.

Now that i'm gone, Jo, you can try that. :(