Saturday, August 29, 2009

things are gonna be a lot different around here...

mom left today.

that says it all. she's been here for two weeks and i've enjoyed every single minute of it. she made the labor, delivery, hospital stay and coming home transition so much easier. i can't tell you all that she did for us.

besides the continuous cooking, cleaning and company, she was just here. her knowledge and caring were more than i could have asked for. just having her here to help me know what to do made everything better. she reminded us every night before she went upstairs to call her if we needed her, she was ready to do her walk if needed. there were two mornings around 6:30 michael got up with the baby and she came down not long after and took over. she was the perfect picture of motherhood while she was here. what an amazing mamo she is.

i don't think i had to get a single thing for myself while she was here. there were a few times i did get myself something to drink, but man...that's about it. she made every meal, every snack. she washed every dish and wiped the counters after each meal. she made a couple of trips to the store and even cleaned my entire house last night before bed. after the 3rd time of me telling her to sit down and not work so hard she hugged me and said, "i just don't want you to have to do anything once i'm gone. you just love that baby."

it was as hard for her to leave this morning as it was for me to watch her go. she had to tug michael david's hand from her shirt. he didn't want her to leave either. we both cried and i'm crying again now just thinking about it. it's gonna be hard without her being near. i tried to get her to move in. i think she actually thought about it for a second. i know she's excited to get back today and see ellie and gray. 2 weeks is a long time for her to go without seeing them. plus-we're going to san angelo on thursday. hopefully we'll all be able to make it these next 4 1/2 days without each other.

i love you, marme. you are absolutely more than anyone could ever ask for. thank you so much for giving up two weeks of your life to stay with michael, the baby and i. it would have never been the same without you here. these two weeks are something i will treasure forever. i love you so much-jo

5 comments:

La said...

I remember that moment when my mom left. Very, very hard. I'll never forget. =(

Christal said...

I know this feeling too. Its not easy when she first leaves and its hours away. Moms really come through when you need them. Its cool thinking that one day we will do this for our children :)

marme said...

that's not fair...I'm crying again.

I love you and Michael and baby Micah, so much. Thanks for allowing me to share in one of the most special moments of your lives.

I'll never forget it either.

Don't give my room away...

Unknown said...

You have an awesome mom! No doubt about that statement at all! Your dad ain't bad either!!! Anxious to see you all. Hugs. Be sure to tell Michael David all about Baca! Only the good stuff, OK?

Ashley said...

My mom stayed with me for the first week almost and she lives in the same town! I know the feeling. Even just having her across the town, I needed her. Thank God for good mamas like we have!