Thursday, September 13, 2007

the simple life

it's pretty good, ya know? living the simple life.

(well, i guess since we have a house on the market in another town, and a whole life there and here, it's not really that simple...but let's not go there.)

michael and i have been pretty happy in our little apartment. he cancelled his trip this week because he had too much stuff to do at work to go to training and miss 4 days out of this week. we blew up our air matress, convered it with our duvet comforter, and placed pillows against the wall. it's a fabulous couch. but, it leaks a little, so after a bit of sitting/lying on the couch, michael and i find ourselves suddenly "involuntarily cuddling." that's what michael calls it anyway. don't let that worry you, he does like to cuddle. we've had simple dinners of either ramen noodles with buttered bread and milk or egg sandwhiches. pretty good.

last night, micheal decided he would again have ramen and i opted for two toasted eggos with butter, peanut butter and hot syrup. with a cold glass of milk, of course. (i have made michael taste this before on our honeymoon, but it was with blueberry waffles-not as good)

i took my first bite and closed my eyes. delicious. then i offered michael a bite. when it first entered his mouth, he exaggeratingly closed his eyes and "mmmed". but, then he opened his eyes kind of shocked and gave me the look, "wow, this really is good." it was funny and i do so love being right.

after he ate his ramen, he asked for dessert...you got it! a waffle. i made it and he loved it and like i said before, i just love being right.

good news: box of eggo waffles=$1.49. that's a lot of pretty cheap meals. ;)

5 comments:

JAC said...

You sound so happy and when you are happy, that makes me happy! Totally enjoy each other like never before.

Sarah P. Henry said...

i'm jealous. :)

cls said...

Oh yes. Waffles with peanut butter and syrup are simply the best in the whole world. I'm so glad someone else eats them that way! My husband says, "You know, that's like, the only one fat-kid thing you do." LoL. But I don't care! It is sooooo yummy and I'm not changing for anyone! ;o)

ree said...

Well, I'm a fat kid and I love peanut butter and syrup on my waffles! It reminds me of my granddaddy...that and cornbread and milk!

beautiful chaos said...

ok- my husband goes one step further...
Peanut butter and JELLY on waffles (in sandwich form) with syrup.
I like your way much better, Chris's way is about as normal as scrambled eggs with chocolate frosting on top...