Saturday, September 8, 2007

tiiirreed

it always amazes me how tired i am by friday night during the school year. i get so sleepy that i yawn enough to make my shoulder hurt. my eyes burn and blink slowly, and when i open them, i see cross-eyed for a few seconds while my tired eyes focus.

the funny thing is, right now, i'm adding a three hour drive to the end of my work week. now granted, michael did drive, but still- being in the car that's going somewhere is just tiring...don't ya think?

well, we got to sa about 9pm last night and came straight to my parents. number 1-to see them. i'm not used to only seeing them once a week so it's been a little hard to get used to. number 2 - they're babysitting for us until we can take jules to san antonio with us.

okay. time-out. i'm at mom's again and she just brought me a round-house egg with bacon and a glass of milk. i'm still so tired i might cry. it feels so good to be home.

okay, that was delicious.

so, last night. i was really gripy. just griping about anything and everything that was pointless and silly. and when i'm tired, i sort of start raising my voice and getting stupid over things that don't mean anything. so in the middle of one of these tirades, my dad puts his arm around me and says, "what's wrong baby?"

i automatically deflate and realize how i've been acting. "i'm tired." as i melt into his arms and relax. then i was done. i just sat there, leaning against my daddy, as michael continued talking with mom and dad. a little while later i motioned my head to the door and we said goodnight and left.

i went straight to sleep and i can vaguely remember michael hugging and kissing me before he turned over to go to sleep.

i'm still tired this morning, but man i feel a lot better. so-thanks daddy for calming me down and being such a good dad. thanks baby for taking me home and putting me to bed. thanks marme for making me a delicious breakfast.

i love you, my sweet family.

3 comments:

La said...

I get grumpy and gripy too. It's not attractive and I wish I wouldn't do that. I always feel dumb the next morning. Isn't it great that our men love us enough to just put up with it? John is always so sweet and patient even when I'm like that. Sounds like Micheal is the same to you. Good men. =)

marme said...

Your welcome my sweet Jo. Anything for marme's girl. It felt good to have you home too. I love you. Get some rest, next week is going to be even more tiring, with moving into your apartment.

JAC said...

I got to see the back of your head this a.m. Did you feel the hugs I was throwing your way? Miss you both! Love you and am so happy that you are finally together, not having to part during the week as before.